Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Exchanging a Rose as your first gift to each other...

Actually, your first gift to each other is your Wedding Rings. However, your first gift as Husband and Wife can be a single rose. In the past, the rose was considered a symbol of love and a single rose always meant only one thing - it meant the words "I love you."

I would suggest that wherever you make your home in the future - whether it be a large and elegant home - or a small and graceful one - that you both pick one very special location for roses; so that on each anniversary of your wedding you both may place a rose in that spot both as a re-commitment to your marriage - and a re-commitment that THIS will be a marriage based upon love.

Unfortunately, in every marriage there are times where it is difficult to find the right words. It might feel impossible, some times to say the words "I am sorry" or "I forgive you"; "I need you" or "I am hurting". Despite the stresses, that are inevitable in everyone’s lives, participating in the Rose Exchange in your Wedding Ceremony creates an opportunity to mend a Heart in the future...

So if you simply can not find the words, leave a rose at that spot which both of you have selected - for that rose then says what matters most of all and should overpower all other things and all other words. That rose says the words: "I still love you."

No comments: